In rentingforce, you can create as many document templates as you like, which can then be generated in the program for specific data sets (for example, transaction like inquiry or booking). The templates can be created and fully customized by yourself in the template editor.
In this article we will briefly explain the basic structure of the editor. In sub-articles, we will look at the functions in more detail. There is also a FAQ section for the frequently asked questions, which is constantly being expanded.
Basic structure of the document editor
In the middle of the editor, there is an interface like Word, where you can simply insert your texts from the rental agreement, for an invoice or similar. Various formatting helpers, but also tables, pictures etc. are available. In the following, we will first introduce the basic structure of the editor.
(1) From the Hamburger menu, you can select the template to be edited. You can also create new document templates using this menu. By default, there are already global system templates that you can easily adapt to your needs.
(2) Documents have an activity status, inactive document template are only displayed in the template editor and are not available as documents, for example, in the transaction / rental process. So if you want to redesign and design documents, the inactive status is recommended.
(3) You can change the name of the document by simply clicking on the name. You can save it by pressing Enter. If you change the language version at (4), the name is changed accordingly.
(4) rentingforce supports multi-lingual communication with customers, which is why, of course, several language versions of a document can be managed. It is recommended that you first complete the document in one language. You can then simply add additional language versions by duplicating the original document. So you only have to translate the differing passages.
(5) The action bar provides common actions such as saving, duplicating, or deleting. You must always save your changes, these will not be saved automatically. Duplicate allows you to test changes in a duplicated document, protecting your original. If you want to delete a document, you can also do this here. Once deleted, documents can not be easily restored.
(6) If you want to save a stationery / notepaper, edit the margins, or manage additional settings such as attachments, use the Document Settings.
(7) In addition to simple texts and formatting, you can also add so-called widgets in the document. A widget is, for example, a placeholder, ie a customer name or the start date of a rental. But the list of rental properties can also be displayed.
FAQ for documents
How can items be moved within the document?
Elements can be moved by drag & drop, on the other hand also with the classic control commands. In Windows, for example, Ctrl + X (Cut) and Ctrl + V (Paste), use the Mac key instead of Ctrl.
How can I add images to a document?
You can drag and drop images into the document editor. These are then automatically uploaded and are available only seconds later in the document. The position can then be selected freely.Continue reading: Placeholders